Yeah, so, I complain a lot about being pregnant. It’s time for me to share of the good things about being knocked up. I mean, other than the whole “creating life” thing.
- You can justify eating pretty much whatever you want. Me: “I want a milkshake for lunch.” Anyone: “Sounds like a great idea.”
- When you start showing, everyone is nice to you. Even the crazy homeless guys who usually yell nasty things at you will do you the courtesy of ignoring you.
- One word: Naps.
- You are never lonely. There is a little creature who is always with you. The spawn has to listen to you talk about your day, and he/she can’t complain about your terrible off-key singing in the car. You have a captive audience.
- No standing around a like a commoner for you. On Muni, On BART, in a crowded bar in the Mission: People will offer you a seat.
- It’s perfectly OK that you look terrible in a bathing suit. No judgment.
- You can use any restroom. No one will turn away a pregnant lady. You could probably walk up to a stranger’s home in the Outer Sunset and ask to use their bathroom, and they would say, “Oh my god! Of course you can!
- You are no longer required to do ab work at the gym or in yoga class.
- When my coworker Jennifer goes to Brown Sugar Kitchen for lunch, she brings me back an unsolicited cookie. Nothing wrong with that.
This is the list I came up with off the top of my head. If you can think of any other good things, please feel free to share them in the comments.