Yeah, so, the Spawn is here!
Calvin Mansfield Tracy was evicted from my uterus on Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 2:27 p.m. He was 9 pounds, 1 ounce.
Here’s some quick details:
- Yes, 9 pounds is pretty damn big. He felt even bigger coming out.
- I started getting contractions around 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday, which got progressively stronger and more frequent throughout the morning. We got to Kaiser at 11:30 a.m., and I kicked Calvin out of my uterus by 2:27 p.m., after pushing for about an hour.
- The rumors are true: It was a natural child birth; however, if I could go back in time, I would probably take drugs.
- I think Calvin looks just like David. He’s a daddy’s boy. David is already an awesome dad. The Spawn worships him, and so do I.
- Even though I’m not pregnant anymore, I still look pregnant. It’s weird and unfair.
- Homer has been very sweet to him. He has been giving him little licks and hanging out nearby. It’s pretty fuckin’ cute.
- We got home from the hospital on Friday and that night I had my first beer since finding out I was knocked up. It was a Sierra Nevada Tumbler brown ale, and it was delicious.
Of course, I have several posts I want to write about the labor and delivery (with all the gory details – you’re welcome in advance) and about the hospital stay. I will try to not let the blog turn into too much of a Mommy Blog.
Holy shit! I’m someone’s mother.