Yeah, so, my latest adventure in podcasting, Dorking Out With Chris & Sonia, is out there in the world.
I’m not going to lie. I’m pretty stoked about it. I think it’s rad.
Smith and I have been friends for a long time. We met in 1989 through our friend Aaron, who worked at the Regency Theatre with me. We went to community college together, and we were roommates at Chico State. We love to talk about movies, TV shows, pop culture, news, whatever, and we don’t always agree. The topic doesn’t matter. Whenever we talk we really dork out, hence the podcast’s name.
We’ve been talking about doing this podcast for a while, so I’m downright giddy to share it with you guys.
The episode I’m sharing today is our unofficial first episode. We’re calling it X1. It was supposed to be a test episode, but we kinda like it. We’re just excited to get it out there and hear what folks have to say.
We have some really good discussions in this week’s episode, including:
- The live-action “Beauty & The Beast” trailer beats “The Force Awakens” in YouTube views.
- “The Americans” getting a two-season renewal.
- HBO possibly canceling “True Detective.”
- How do you separate celebrities’ criminal behavior from their art (specifically Bill Cosby, Woody Allen, Michael Jackson and Roman Polanski).
- Daniel Craig may not return as James Bond, so what’s next? How does recasting a role change the character and story?
- And, in what is sure to be our favorite segment, “What’s The Internet Mad About Now,” we bring in our guest Ben Wedell from “Geek Wars” podcast to talk about the newest “Captain America” comic book in which it’s revealed that Cap was evil all along, which leads into a discussion about #giveCaptainAmericaaboyfriend.
It won’t always be about movies, TV, entertainment, etc. The idea is we all dork out about something. Whether it’s vintage clothes, craft beer, crafts, photography, gardening, hell even sports! I dork out about baseball all the time. There will be something for everyone on the show, and we plan to bring in guests to talk about what they like to dork out about. It’s going to be super fun. I promise.
So now, I present to you for your listening pleasure, episode X1 of Dorking Out.